assignment button holes is complete!
but i am somewhat bummed because i can’t make one big enough for what i wanted one for. wah! the tie of the pinafore is 2″ and it looks like the biggest button hole my machine makes is about 1.25″.
here are some pictures of my adventure in button hole-ing:
this was the default setting on my machine so i went with that for the first hole.
here are the 3 test holes i did with the settings. on the far left i reduced the stitch width as much as possible keeping the stitch length on the auto setting. on the middle i kept the auto settings. on the right i increased the stitch length as much as possible keeping the stitch width the same.
all in all i liked the auto settings best. here is my final assignment ready for turn in. if only i had a spare button!
i used my snipping scissors to clip the fabric. these are also what i use when i snip the edges of my rag loveys. i have much better control over these than i do my general fabric cutting scissors…